• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Monthly Meetup

DooFster

Let's do this: every month (around the same day every month) we have a meetup to see familiar faces and to get more word out there. There's plenty of places that have no problems with OC. Input (and please keep it on topic)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaxPower

Let's do this: every month (around the same day every month) we have a meetup to see familiar faces and to get more word out there. There's plenty of places that have no problems with OC. Input (and please keep it on topic)?

I think this is a great idea. We could have a set day as you said, for example the third Saturday of every month at Noon for lunch. Then we could rotate to different venues in different areas of town.

MaxPower

OK, let's get some input on days/times first. Post what day/time combination works best for you, then we can compile that and figure out what will work best for the most people.

I'll go first. :) For my wife and I, Saturdays and Sundays are the best days. Lunch time would be best for us, anytime between 1100 and 1300 for a start time. Mornings would be our second choice for a breakfast/brunch type meetup. Weekdays are generally no good for us but we would be able to come occasionally/sporadically.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Most weekend mornings, I'm doing a shooting match, which will usually mean I'm already OC'ing to lunch with the group from the match. So weekend evenings, or weekdays, are better for me. My other jobs and classes are at my schedule, so I can work them around whatever meetings we plan.

garand_guy

Why don't we alternate? Lunch one Saturday, dinner one weekday. Regular schedule, whoever can make it, makes it.

DooFster

Lets go with the last Saturday of every month. This month we can go to CiCis up on Cheyenne, just off of I-15. Anyone have issues with that?